COVID-19 Employment Opportunities:
Walmart is hiring 4,300 people across Virginia and telling those who apply that they could potentially start working the same day. Text “jobs” to 240240 or visit walmartcareers.com
The German grocer Aldi appeared to have at least 45 job openings in South Hampton Roads recently and is offering $2 an hour on top of regular wages through April 30. Visit careers.aldi.us.
Another grocery chain, Kroger, said it had hundreds of open jobs across the mid-Atlantic region in stores, manufacturing plants and warehouses. Applicants are urged to go to jobs.kroger.com. The company says job placement could be made within a matter of days.
Amazon announced March 16 that it was looking to fill 100,000 open positions in its U.S. fulfillment and distribution network during the coronavirus outbreak. It’s also increased wages by $2 an hour through the end of April. The online retailer also encouraged employers who have had to lay off or furlough workers to refer them to Amazon for temporary work until the employer is able to re-hire them. An online site where people can apply notes that hiring decisions can be made within 7 days of applying and no resume or prior work experience is required. Amazon.com/jobsnow
Dollar Tree, the Chesapeake-based discount retailer, announced it is hiring 25,000 people nationwide at its Dollar Tree and Family Dollar stores and distribution centers. Of that, about 200 current listings across Hampton Roads are split evenly between in-store associates and management, distribution, and corporate positions, including 57 open corporate positions open at its Chesapeake headquarters. Visit DollarTree.com/careers or FamilyDollar.com/careers.
Dollar General also announced that it planned to hire 50,000 people through the end of April. In-store job listings on its careers.dollargeneral.com as of March 23 showed nearly 200 jobs across Hampton Roads.
Are you hiring?
Let Hampton Roads workers know by visiting this link and filling out the form. We’re collecting the information to then post for job-seekers to find. https://bit.ly/covid-hiring
Job Opportunity: June 20, 2019
Junior Driver Associate with Final Mile Logistics (FML)
Looking for full time/ part time junior driver associate positions with Final Mile Logistics (FML) delivering packages with passion for a leading e-commerce giant. FML is set up to support next-generation e-commerce Logistics and to exceed customer’s expectation with passion and dedication.
Approximate hours are 11.00a.m. - 9p.m. (10-hour shifts, 4-day work week/ 8-hour shifts, 5-day work week).
We need people who are, reliable, quick, and ready to work every day.
Ideal candidates who are passionate, energetic and ready to get the job done and proud to support, innovative, e-commerce,
Successful junior delivery associates put safety first and care deeply about customer expectations and earn trust.
- Loves to drive and is passionate about customer service.
- Able to lift packages (up to 50 lbs.) and be able to get in and out of a van quickly throughout the day.
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver’s license.
- The commercial (or work-related) driving experience is a plus.
- Please send in your resume to email@example.com and mention you were referred by ABAHR
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Opportunity: February 12, 2019
Full-Time Mandarin Speaking Academic Counselor
Tower Bridge International Education (TBIG) is the premier provider of secondary international student services in the United States. Our mission is to bridge the gaps between opportunity and success within international education. We work to build trust and foster good will among our students, schools, alumni, and local communities. TBIG is a place for innovation, where people with a passion for global education strive to adapt and evolve. We are global citizens, leaders, educators, and pioneers. We appreciate change and welcome open communication to facilitate learning and development.
The Academics Counselor serves as academic advisor for international high school students attending private day schools in the United States. The Academics Counselor provides high-quality academic advising and support to help students to transition to life in a U.S. high school and achieve their educational goals. The position will also act as a liaison between the HQ team in the U.S., local branch and our team in China.
The Academics Counselor works with a portfolio of schools and students, serving as an advisor to students and working closely and collaboratively with both remote and headquarters-based colleagues and stakeholders. The Academics Counselor coordinates with the HQ Academic team and reports directly to the local branch Program Manager.
- Advise students in various academic areas such as subject study, standardized tests, and extracurricular activities. Track and analyze international students’ performance for academic advising, school schedule planning, and college planning. Help students develop and follow a meaningful educational action plan. Assess and evaluate student progress and document student performance and progress.
- Support students in developing in areas such as self-advocacy, proactive initiative, personal responsibility, and problem-solving.
- Conduct research on the U.S. secondary education policies, partner schools’ curriculums, competitions, summer camp, volunteer opportunities, and other available academic opportunities according to international students’ interests. Maintain and be familiar with up-to-date policies for large portfolio of partner high schools. Collect and track partner schools’ data including school contact information and school policies.
- Support and increase student awareness of resources offered by New Oasis, partner high school, and other educational resources. Support and connect students to relevant extra-curricular opportunities inside and outside of their high school. Provide students with accurate and timely information regarding New Oasis and partner school policies, procedures, deadlines, and resources.
- Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders within New Oasis and our partner schools to promote student success.
- Communicate with the China team, natural parents, and students on admissions, homestay or academic issues via email, phone, or video, and other web-based tools.
- Assess student need; manage tutor and monitor student’s performance progress.
- Assist in the evaluation, assessment, design and implementation of academic advising initiatives including designing academic programs for international students, monitoring international students’ summer activities and providing international students with recommendations.
- Assist with new student orientation tasks including presentation to introduce academic programs to current and prospective students, joining school tours to enhance partnerships, and reviewing prospective student interviews. Assist in the design and delivery of academic webinars or workshops.
- Contribute material for student monthly academic newsletter and other China marketing initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.