A core mission of Asian Indians of Hampton Roads (AIHR) is to support the Hampton Roads community.
As part of our deep desire to help the community as it experiences distress due to COVID-19, AIHR is pleased to announce the following donations:.
- $5,000 (Five Thousand Dollars) to Sentara Foundation towards COVID-19 Testing in the Hampton Roads area.
- $2,500 (Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars) to TowneBank to support its partnership with United Way for COVID-19 Relief Efforts.
- 250 meals to front-line workers at Chesapeake Regional Medical Center, Chesapeake as a Thank You for their dedication and selfless services during this pandemic.
- $2,500 (Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars) for distributing masks to the most vulnerable members of the Hampton Roads community — such as those living in homeless shelters, and others in need.
- $2,000 (Two Thousand Dollars) to The CROP Foundation to support students pursuing career in the hospitality industry (because it has been hit the hardest during the pandemic).
Earlier in August, AIHR also provided meals to the homeless shelter operated by the Judeo-Christian Outreach Center to mark the 74th Independence Day of India.
AIHR is committed to its purpose and remains a true community partner. We are very thankful to our supporters and sponsors over the years and profoundly grateful to our volunteers and officers.
Stay Safe & Stay Healthy!
Naveen Kumar Agarwal